Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Name Change on Ticket booked a ticket twice online in my name

smokinggg
Explorer C

Hi , I booked a return flight online via the mobile app 

I later booked another seat on the same flights for a friend to travel with me , I didn’t realise till too late that there wasn’t an option to change the travelers name ??? 

So I have two seats on the same two flights in my name !!

Im from the U.K. so I can’t get my phone to contact the Usa freephone number despite many tries with my service provider 

Any help would be much appreciated!!

steve

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Name Change on Ticket booked a ticket twice online in my name

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

If this is a duplicate booking as you say, all the details of the reservations are exactly the same, Customer Relations should be able to refund it as a duplicate booking. Since you can't reach them by phone, email them through the contact us link on the website, explain the situation, and give them the two confirmation numbers.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

If you purchased the flight on a Wanna Get Away fare in the past 24 hours, you can request a full refund for the extra ticket and then rebook it for the correct person. You can also get a refund if you purchased the Anytime or Business Select fare.

If it is a non-refundable WGA fare and was booked more than 24 hrs ago, you can cancel the second ticket and keep the funds in your name. You will not be able to get a refund, however. 

With that said, given the unique situation, I would reach out to SW via Twitter since you are outside the US .They are great to work with and much be able to work some magic. @SouthwestAir 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

smokinggg
Explorer C

Thanks for the help !

Although a refund would be great , I really need this seat to travel with the intended person , what chance do I have of changing the name on one of the bookings ? It appears very tricky according to some posts I’ve read , possibly meaning we can’t travel together ??

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am honestly not sure.  I would check in with Southwest directly, and I think Twitter direct message would be the best method to do that.  Explain the situation in detail with the confirmation #s and explain what needs to be changed.  It can't hurt to try.  If you do not use Twitter, you can reach out via the Contact Us link on the website.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If it's a duplicate booking, it will be auto-cancelled soon and you will receive a refund to the original form of payment. If it's not auto-cancelled, you can contact Southwest and request that (I recommend via Twitter for the quickest reply).

Southwest most likely won't be able to change the name on the ticket (but it may be work asking). You can always go ahead and book the new flight under the correct name.

smokinggg
Explorer C

Wow thanks both for the speedy reply !!!

I fly to the USA in 5 days , my internals in question , booked seperately book in the same name are for a flight 8 days later , could I take it up at the airport on arrival , perhaps easier for me or is that leaving it too late ?

russcro
Explorer A

Sooner is always better than later in these situations.  SW customer service is extremely helpful in my experience.  Hit them up on Twitter.

russcro
Explorer A

Sooner is always better than later in these situations.  SW customer service is extremely helpful in my experience.  Hit them up on Twitter.