Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Need to reinstate Travel Funds

wadele
Explorer C

I have been happy and satisfied with travelling with Southwest Airline for many years and do understand changes are made for the greater financial gain of the company, and not always for the betterment of their customers. 2017 I had to cancel a round trip flight and again a return flight to home near the end of the year, each were due to illness. Additional Travel Funds/ Credits were acquired. I don’t recall being prompted regarding these funds before I paid for the flight. Customer Service attempted to change date of return and finally realized we were unable to change return date beyond Oct. 30th. This is when I was made aware my Travel Funds will expire Oct 30th.

I spoke to and emailed representatives regarding this issue and requested a LUV voucher for future travel, the written request was denied. CS agents has given me multi conflicting info and I am confused and do not understand why SW is so willing to lose faithful customers. Hoping for a positive outcome!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need to reinstate Travel Funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Travel funds expire one year from the date of the original purchase. All travel must be completed by then. Expiration dates are shown on all confirmation emails when you make, change or cancel an itinerary.

The current, unpublished policy for expired travel funds is this: Once expired, a passenger can request reissue as a voucher, for a fee of $100 (deducted from the balance). You have 6 months after expiration in which to do this, and the voucher, good for use by anyone (not just the named passenger) is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

Have you contacted Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654?

wadele
Explorer C

Thank You RISING STAR, 

I was able to use the balance of my travel funds by attaching a one way Get Away trip to my current travel schedule. Also, changed the date and flight time from the lowest price ticket. All Funds Exhausted! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Happy to hear that you were able to use the funds.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.