Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device

OMB13
Explorer C

I also have just received the "not compatible" message on my Galaxy 4....bummer.

After reading all the comments about this, I checked my OS. It's 5.0. Supposed to work but doesn't.

What's up Southwest?

ND

mannaman
Explorer C

Can you access the movies and entertainment without the app?

moreofless
Adventurer C

This situation has tarnished the reputation of Southwest.  This is a very customer unfriendly policy. It would cost them next to nothing to tweak a couple lines of code to fix this. I would not be surprised if the only reason the APP does not work is because a line of code tells it not to funtion on certain Android versions.

Despite what people have said in this thread, all of my other APPs continue to function.

chw
Explorer C

How can I access southwest website using my Samsung GALAXY S4

I will need to do it traveling. 

mrsparr
Explorer C

Samsung Galaxy S5

LCAP
Explorer C

MY ANDROID WILL NOT LOAD THE NEW APP- I HAVE A MOTX-2ND GEN

Wsj
Explorer C

Jitterbug smartphone

OMB13
Explorer C

I also have just received the "not compatible" message on my Galaxy 4....bummer.  (Sept 2018)

After reading all the comments about this, I checked my OS. It's 5.0. Supposed to work but doesn't.

What's up Southwest?

infoguy
Explorer C

Lindsey - - - This is most aggravating. #1 I am being told my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone is incompatible with the most recent update of the SWA app and yet it refuses to allow me to open my old app. The old app has been "retired to the hanger", how very funny NOT!!!  #2 I understand the older version that was compatible with my device is no longer available in the Google Play Store. #3 I check the Community and find your thread which has many other complaints just like mine. There is a little box that says "SOLVED" which provides me with momentary optimism. I click on the solved box but all it does is list the many other complaints once again. I still see no solution to my problem. Can you please email me or send me a link to whatever is the solution to this problem? Why not just allow the old version to remain on the Google Play store. I had to uninstall the SWA app and now I have nothing on my phone. Please get back to me with some kind of answer on this - - - and I really hope it is NOT to buy a new phone. My Galaxy S4 is the best phone I have ever had, it still works remarkably well, I have had no other apps or upgrades tell me they are incompatible with my phone.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

In situations where the app no longer works on your phone, using the mobile website provides most of the same functionality. 

https://mobile.southwest.com/

--TheMiddleSeat