Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jlamendo wrote:

I have a Samsung Avant cell phone and when downloading the app is says it is not compatiable with this device.  My daughter has same phone and the old app worked fine, after being forced to update the App hers no longer works either.  We have travel coming up and want this corrected before we leave next week.

I'm not familiar with the Samsung devices, but if this is an older phone with the OS software that was noted earlier in this thread, I doubt that it will be updated - the press release was definitive in my interpretation that Southwest is not going to support older versions.

My recommendation is to familiarize yourself with web access for some of the key travel tasks since you won't be able to use the app.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

For those who's devises are not compatible with the updates I would just recommend using the full website you can check in on the full website and have a boarding pass texted to you from there as well. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@jlamendo and @moreofless,

Please send me screenshots of the error messages you're receiving from the app in a private message. Or, just send me screenshots of the app being buggy if there is no message. We'll take a look and see what we can do. 

moreofless
Adventurer C

I cannot send you a screenshot because i removed the app from my phone. It did not work. It instructed me to go to Google Play to download the updated app byt Google Play will not let me because it is incompatable with my phone now. All my other apps work fine.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LindseyD wrote:

@jlamendoand @moreofless,

Please send me screenshots of the error messages you're receiving from the app in a private message. Or, just send me screenshots of the app being buggy if there is no message. We'll take a look and see what we can do. 

I think this was a previously covered topic - there was a general press release that said the older versions would not be supported.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

moreofless
Adventurer C

Decisions change. I was replying to a post by a Southwest employee who asked for something to be sent to them.  Again, all of my other apps continue to work fine.

jlamendo
Explorer C

Here is the screen shot you requested.Screenshot_2018-04-17-21-23-05.png

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device Samsung Galaxy 4 WITH 5.0 operating system

OMB13
Explorer C

I also have just received the "not compatible" message....bummer.

After reading all the comments about this, I checked my OS. It's 5.0. Supposed to work but doesn't.

What's up Southwest?

ND

Re: New Southwest App incompatible with my device Samsung Galaxy 4 WITH 5.0 operating system

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@OMB13 wrote:

I also have just received the "not compatible" message....bummer.

After reading all the comments about this, I checked my OS. It's 5.0. Supposed to work but doesn't.

What's up Southwest?

ND

The app requires Android 6.0 and up.

app.png

GrumpyOldMan
Explorer A

Your statement seems to be false.

It will NOT install on a device with Android 6.0.1

My guess is that the coder checked the wrong compatibility box when building the app, and never bothered to fix that.  (AKA Lazy Coder)