Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more non-stop flights from Detroit to Las Vegas or Los Angeles

yakimamb
Explorer C

I always flew Southwest direct from Detroit to Las Vegas and Los Angeles.  There was always one direct flight available.  Why have those flights been discontinued?  I have not used Southwest much since that has become unavailable. Why would Southwest choose to discontinue that one flight per day that was direct to these two cities?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No more non-stop flights from Detroit to Las Vegas or Los Angeles

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@yakimamb wrote:

I always flew Southwest direct from Detroit to Las Vegas and Los Angeles.  There was always one direct flight available.  Why have those flights been discontinued?  I have not used Southwest much since that has become unavailable. Why would Southwest choose to discontinue that one flight per day that was direct to these two cities?

Southwest must have found some other routing that was appealing to them for whatever reason to get use out of aircraft, crew, and facilities.

Hopefully you can find some connections that work, Southwest does also pride itself on the method of flowing across the country where you can often find relatively straightforward connections without a big wait time or much backtracking distance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: No more non-stop flights from Detroit to Las Vegas or Los Angeles

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

On a personal level, I can relate as SWA recently cut back on the EWR - FLL flight. Since then, I've been taking a flight with a stopover - but it's only a 40 min stop and we stay on the place. This is the perfect amount of time to grab a drink from the flight attendant, and hit the restroom too.

Safe travels,

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger