Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more non stop flights from SNA to SFO and vice versa

lisagatti
Explorer C

I'm so dissapointed that Southwest is no longer offering non stop flights from SNA to SFO and vice versa. I travel to and from Orange County to The Bay Area almost twice a month and Southwest has always been my go to airline and their staff and booking process has always been outstanding. I've recently learned that there are no longer non stop flights being offered from these 2 destinations which is so dissapointing as I frequently travel for business and cannot afford to spend my whole day flying to Pheonix AZ or Las Vegas NV. Time is essential when I travel for work. It would take almost the same amount of time to drive from Orange County to San Francisco with these layover locations. I'm not sure why there are no longer direct fligths from the 2 locations as my flights were always full especially on the first morning flight out and 5pm commutes. I hope Southwest will reconsider adding in some non stop flights for commuters like myself. I've always been overly impressed with this airline, but unfortunately I have had to book through other airlines during this change.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No more non stop flights from SNA to SFO and vice versa

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Looks like Oakland is going to be your best bet. Affordable, frequent flights between those two locations. Which may explain why iy is no longer being offered from SFO.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

lisagatti
Explorer C

Hi Elijah,

I thought I had checked a few weeks back and SNA to OAK wasn't offering non stop options, but I just went to check now and I see that all the flights are direct. This isn't exactly the easiest destination since my business is in Daly City, however it is a big help! Thank you for recommending this alternative option. I appreciate it :).

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

You must have caught SW right in the middle of change their Bay Area strategy! 🙂 @lisagatti

-A List, Companion Pass holder

lisagatti
Explorer C

@elijahbrantley I hope they bring back their direct flights to and from SNA and SFO eventually :(. Only time will tell, but Oakland is also a great airport. Very convenient and plenty of flights in and out M-F. Thank you again!