Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non-Binary

jcentury
Explorer C

Why hasn't Southwest offered a non-binary option in the gender drop-down menu yet? I read that in February, Southwest indicated it would do so.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Non-Binary

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

Most of us in the forums are customers so you may want to get in touch directly with Southwest to get a timely reply.  Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the forum pages for contact options, to include Twitter.

Customer | Home airport DCA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do you remember where you read that? 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@jcentury 

According to This Article Southwest said they will eventually add non binary gender markers but they don't have a set time frame as of that articles writing. 

I would reach out to southwest directly to see if they have any updates since this article was back in February but I haven't heard any updates recently. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for finding the article @bec102896

The quote from Southwest is pretty clear, no timeframe and in Southwest IT land that could mean years. 

"that while we don’t have a timeframe to share, Southwest is currently investigating solutions and the technical requirements needed to provide our Customers non-binary gender marker options during the booking process."

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'm not really sure why gender specification is relevant to an airline, but, here we are. Have other companies adopted a non-binary option? Most profiles that I fill out on web sites still say male/female only in my experience.

--Jessica