Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Not Getting confirmation Emails

seussman
Explorer C

I'm still having this problem.This has been ongoing for at least 2 years. How come a big well respected company hasn't fixed this problem yet. Very disappointed.

Re: Not Getting Emails

fourhewitts
Explorer C

Missed a flight tonight...busy and frazzled with a sick parent out of town, I thought the flight was tomorrow night...could not find email to check in...did not get Google alert since no email...I have since realized I did not get a flight confirmation email for this trip, nor for one I have booked since. For years before this experience I have gotten flight confirmations/itineraries so I have come to rely on the automated alerts, especially when I am very busy. Interestingly my mom did get the email itinery for the missed trip (which I requested be sent to her in the reservation process) and I got a Hertz confirmation (booked through Southwest) for the second trip, but no flight emails anywhere in my email. Customer service informed me of the missed flight policy, said no one else has been having trouble with emails, and closed with a cheery "Have a nice night!".  

nutsoverSWA
Explorer A

Yes, really miss the simple "Your Trip is just around the corner" emails slightly more than 24 hrs before your flight.  Probably a great revenue enhancer for SWA, as many people forget multiple  or future reservations .   So they get to capture the revenue if  we forget to check-in / and miss the flight. 

caligator
Explorer C

Has anyone gotten this email issue resolved by Southwest?  I am no longer receivng my trip confirmations or receipts. This started July 16, 2018.  Can find no problems on my end and worked a long time with my server provider and they find no problem on our end.   Does anyone have a direct way to contact S.W. IT department.  Customer Service will not solve it.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@caligator wrote:

Has anyone gotten this email issue resolved by Southwest?  I am no longer receivng my trip confirmations or receipts. This started July 16, 2018.  Can find no problems on my end and worked a long time with my server provider and they find no problem on our end.   Does anyone have a direct way to contact S.W. IT department.  Customer Service will not solve it.

Hello.

I'd suggest that you check your Southwest account.

1) Log on to your Southwest Account

2) Scroll down the left side of the page to "My preferences" and under that "communication" 

3) Click on "communication"

4) The click on "Edit" Your e-mail should appear next to any of your subscriptions. If not ...

5) Click on "want to add another e-mail address to your account"

6) Your current e-mail; should show up as "primary". If not add it, and hit save

The other thing you can do is to examine your next booking to insure that it shows your e-mail address. If it's not there you should add it.

If none of that works, I'd suggest you contact customer relations via e-mail.

Kimo
Explorer C

NEVER RECEIVED EMAIL CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!! 

No info in my southwest account and never sent email confirmation for my Hotel?? I had to pay for the hotel and then book another one since I NEVER received the pin number or anything else?? 

Why should I have to pay for 2 Hotels simultaneously because SW can figure out why they have a serious problem with emails and getting this fixed? They take ZERO responsibilty and are impossible to deal with resolving this issue.  Booking.com is just as bad, useless customer service! 

The solution NEVER EVER book with SouthWest!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO customer service!!!!!!!!!!  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Kimo wrote:

NEVER RECEIVED EMAIL CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!! 

No info in my southwest account and never sent email confirmation for my Hotel?? I had to pay for the hotel and then book another one since I NEVER received the pin number or anything else?? 

Why should I have to pay for 2 Hotels simultaneously because SW can figure out why they have a serious problem with emails and getting this fixed? They take ZERO responsibilty and are impossible to deal with resolving this issue.  Booking.com is just as bad, useless customer service! 

The solution NEVER EVER book with SouthWest!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO customer service!!!!!!!!!!  

Do you get e-mails when you book flights or car rentals? If not, it's probbly becasuse your e-mail is not set up properly in your profile.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Everyone having problems on this thread - the time to check into a missing confirmation is when you notice that it doesn't come through right after you click "buy" on the website. Maybe it takes a few minutes, but very few things purchased online these days takes more than an hour to show up...start making calls then to be sure that the transaction went through.

Anyone would have trouble figuring it out the same day or even worse after the fact since the third-party hotel will have (or hadn't been) counting on your reservation until the no-show.

For people with flights, you have to get your email figured out or use a workaround (send copies to your personal accounts?) but I also recommend to get flights entered into an app such as App in the Air or TripIt! to get an extra layer of reminders.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ila201
Explorer C

I have two users who haven't gotten any confirmations since last week to their corporate accounts. They were on a blacklist, but we needed those emails so we whitelisted their ip.  There is no trace of any emails to those users on our server.

So, it looks like they aren't going to fix it, but I did submit a complaint via the online form after speaking to a live person.

jrobbin
Explorer C

Very frustrated!  I booked 2 flights today and have received no emails.  Resent to 3 email addresses and still nothing and it has been hours.  customer service was NO HELP.  She kept saying to resend.  I did already several times.  I need help.  I need these emails for expenses as I travel for my job.