Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Not Getting Emails

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@thewall,

Send me a private message with your email address and I will take a look into the situation for you.

mhogrefe
Explorer C

I have not received any emails from Southwest in over a year - no confirmations, no Click 'n Saves, etc.  It looks like you are able to correct this off-line.  Please advise.  Thanks.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@mhogrefe wrote:

I have not received any emails from Southwest in over a year - no confirmations, no Click 'n Saves, etc.  It looks like you are able to correct this off-line.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Hi.

I have a suggetion. Let's make sure you have your account set up to receive the information you want.

1_ Log in to your Southwest account

2) Go down the left side of the page to my preferences -- click on personal

3) Within personal click on notify and verify that your e-mail address is listed -- edit as needed

4) Then click on notifications (also on left side of my preferences)

5) Be sure you are subscribed to the things you want subscriptions to

That should do it

When you make a flight reservation, the e-mail address listed in point 3 above should auto populate your reservation  screen to insure you get an e-mail copy of your reservation.

Please Come back and let us know if that fixes the problem.

carajblack
Explorer C

Hello,

I have not received SW emails regarding my flight reservations, itineraries, flight promotions, etc for over a year.  I also have a Comcast.net email account.  It sounds like you have been able to help other SW customers with this issue.  If you could assist me in getting this resolved, I would greatly appreciate it. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi.

I have a suggetion. Let's make sure you have your account set up to receive the information you want.

1_ Log in to your Southwest account

2) Go down the left side of the page to my preferences -- click on personal

3) Within personal click on notify and verify that your e-mail address is listed -- edit as needed

4) Then click on notifications (also on left side of my preferences)

5) Be sure you are subscribed to the things you want subscriptions to

That should do it

When you make a flight reservation, the e-mail address listed in point 3 above should auto populate your reservation  screen to insure you get an e-mail copy of your reservation.

Please Come back and let us know if that fixes the problem.

carajblack
Explorer C

I double checked my preference settings and they were set correctly.  I just booked a flight and did NOT receive an email with my itinerary even though my comast.net email address was listed.  I feel like it's blocked by SouthWest like other customers have experienced.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Good morning.

Sorry that my suggestions didn't help. When you say your email address was listed, are you saying it was listed on the booking page as "send my receipt to:?". If so,  I have no idea what'sgoing on.

The booking page allows you to type in an "other 'e-mail address" on the line just below the "send my receipt to" line. In case this isn't resolved by the next time you book a reservation, you might want to try typing in an alternate e-mail address (if you have one)  and see if that one receives the e-mail.

Please don't be insulted by my final attempt at help: please be sure that your e-mail address has been typed in accurately. - no typo . More than once in my past I had a typo in my address( you'll probably find some in this response. I'm a good at spelling, but bad at typing), , and absolutely could not believe that I didn't notice it.

These forums are normally used for customerto customer discussion, so altough SW 

monitors them, the forums are not used for problem resolution beyond which another customer (me in this case) can be of assistance. I'd advise that you either send a tweet or e-mail to Southwest detailing

your problem as well as the steps you've personally taken to try to resolve it. The SW contact us

web page (top left hand side)  explains how to do this.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

I'm not a SW employee, but instead am an experienced traveler with lots of SW flights in my past..

Hopefully, Southwest customer service will be able to resolve your problem.

Good luck.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@carajblack wrote:

I double checked my preference settings and they were set correctly.  I just booked a flight and did NOT receive an email with my itinerary even though my comast.net email address was listed.  I feel like it's blocked by SouthWest like other customers have experienced.

Sorry to hear that my initial attempt to assist was a failure.  In my work life, I used to help users of one of my systems that were having trouble . The first step was to check for the obvious. The only other obvious potential problem would be the correct spelling of your e-mail addess. I've made that mistake more than once in my life.

When you say you just booked a flight and your e-mail was listed, are you referring to the "send receipt to" line on the booking page? If this isn't resolved by the next time you book a flight, remember there is the optionto send the e-mail to a different address  . Hopefully you have an address you can use. It's  on the line just below the "send receipt to" line."

I'd suggest you send SW an e-mail or tweet providing a description of your problem as well of stps your taken to try to rectify it. You'll be sing an internal to SW e-mail system. You won't get an e-mail address to use.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@carajblack,

If you send me a private message with your Rapid Rewards number and email address, I can help. 

Heaaron
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey.  I’m no longer receiving SW emails at my address.  Can you help me?  Love SW.  Thx.