Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: On Hold endlessly

Purpleflowers
Explorer C

I have been calling too.... 110 minute hold... 120 minute hold..... 98 minute hold.... this is ridiculous. SW changed two of my flights and it will not let me fix it online but I can’t get through to customer service. I never got the option for a call back. One of the flight changes is absolutely unbelievable but I can’t get through customer service to find out why my flights were changed to an impossible option and I can’t get them fixed. 

hgm
Explorer C

I've had two days of no luck. Yesterday waited 1 hour 26 minutes, and then the agent couldn't hear me and ended the call. Today, 69 minute hold time, couldn't wait. Why am I not getting the "call back" option????

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@hgm What are you trying to do? There may be other options instead of calling.

--TheMiddleSeat

hgm
Explorer C

pet reservations... require call

dfwskier
Aviator A

@hgm wrote:

pet reservations... require call

That s what the website says..However it costs you almost nothing to contact customer relations to see if it will waive the   phone call requirement. You'll never  know if you don't ask.

You can reach Customer Relations by:

Phone: (855) 234-4654

Twitter: @SouthwestAir

Facebook: @SouthwestAir

Email here.

Nailahsuad
Explorer C

I just had a similar experience. I had a flight cancelled and the only way to get the refund was to call. I was on hold for an hour (while trying to get myself to another airport to get a flight on another airline), and then the phone cut off. This is making me rethink SW as my go to airline.

okspav
Explorer C

I m having the same experience. I ve currently have been on hold for over 120 minutes. I need to cancel one way for roundtrip flight that is departing shortly. If noone answers I guess I ll just lose the value of this flight. 

SouthWest this is unacceptable. I ve been your customer and A list member for a long time. Cant you hire a few more customer service representatives?! What are we supposed to do?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Keep trying. If it's the outbound you need to cancel, you'll lose the return flight and all funds for the itinerary if you no-show (aren't able to cancel at least 10 minutes prior to departure. 

Try reaching out via Twitter as well.

pepisito
Explorer C

I cannot get hold of an live person on the phone.  I've been waited over 1 hour and had to switch the phone because battery out.   I booked a ticket and suppose to get full refund within 24 hours after canceling the ticket.  However, for some reason, it goes to the credit bin.  Need to talk to an agent to get that fund back to my credit card.   Not sure about other options but wait for a person to be availalbe.   It's painful.

McGowan
Explorer C

been on hold for over 2 hours on 2 separate phones. Southwest disconnected me.  been calling since 5PM eastern time. final payment due tonight