Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Permission to access your site denied

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

I don't think that it is necessarily because Southwest doesn't want the business of international travelers, just that Southwest currently lacks the ability to correctly implement international booking systems. Things as simple as accepting foreign credit cards, funds conversion, or even entry forms in country-specific date & address formats would all need to be setup. I'm sure there's some sort of IT plan for that -- eventually -- but with the site being blocked for those outside the US for over three years now, I don't see this happening anytime soon. Smiley Sad

Re: Permission to access your site denied

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

They obviously do want international passengers, especially from South America where they have a network.

 

I'm sure that they would also like to have European travelers, assuming you find some other convenient way to get to the mainland USA (or Central America!) but I'm not aware of what the restrictions might be for access overseas.

 

 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Permission to access your site denied

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@DancingDavidE wrote:

They obviously do want international passengers, especially from South America where they have a network.

 

I'm sure that they would also like to have European travelers, assuming you find some other convenient way to get to the mainland USA (or Central America!) but I'm not aware of what the restrictions might be for access overseas.

 


 

Any "restrictions" are self-imposed.

 

 

Re: Permission to access your site denied

jetway80
New Arrival

Nope, international travellers from Europe will never be able to book Southwest tickets. The Site has not been accessible in years but to be honest that looks very poor. There are tons of other ways to prevent international travellers from booking on Southwest without taking down the hole site for them. It just looks very poor doing something like that but oh well, who cares, there are tons of better options out there anyway.

Re: Permission to access your site denied

dfwskier
Rising Star

@trekkienor wrote:

This is a big issue for people who want to fly with Southwest who live outside North America. I really don't understand this. I live in Norway. I can access this website (Southwest Air Community)  and I can access their Southwest Vacations website. But when I try to access the offical Southwest Airline website, access is denied. 

How can we get SW to understand that this is a big problem and that they need to fix it before they lose customers_ Any ideas?


It appears that the Southwest website is availble in some, but not all countries.  I don't understand the some yes, some no situation.

 

Available:

India

Australia

Germany

U.K.

Italy

Poland

 

Not available

Greece

Netherlands

Switzerland

Sweden

Hong Kong

Singapore

 

 

Those are the countries that I can easily check with

https://asm.ca.com/en/checkit.php      .or.

https://www.site24x7.com/check-website-availability.html

Re: Permission to access your site denied

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@dfwskier wrote:

@trekkienor wrote:

This is a big issue for people who want to fly with Southwest who live outside North America. I really don't understand this. I live in Norway. I can access this website (Southwest Air Community)  and I can access their Southwest Vacations website. But when I try to access the offical Southwest Airline website, access is denied. 

How can we get SW to understand that this is a big problem and that they need to fix it before they lose customers_ Any ideas?


It appears that the Southwest website is availble in some, but not all countries.  I don't understand the some yes, some no situation.

 

Available:

India

Australia

Germany

U.K.

Italy

Poland

 

Not available

Greece

Netherlands

Switzerland

Sweden

Hong Kong

Singapore

 

 

Those are the countries that I can easily check with...

 

I wouldn't trust that. My friends in the UK tell me the site is unavailable for them.

 

 

Re: Permission to access your site denied

ACESNEIGHTS
New Arrival

what about US customers on vacation?

 

I'm on a cruise in Europe and I want to book a cheap Hawaii fare from LAX,  Can't access SWA to book JAX to LAX. Or even check the price. Since SWA isn't flying to Hawaii until 2019.

 

Why block entire continents when all that is needed is to restrict booking to SWA US customers.

 

IF I knew how to spoof an IP address I could login.

 

CAlling is useless, $4.95 a  minute from ship.

Re: Permission to access your site denied

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@ACESNEIGHTS wrote:

what about US customers on vacation?

 

I'm on a cruise in Europe and I want to book a cheap Hawaii fare from LAX,  Can't access SWA to book JAX to LAX. Or even check the price. Since SWA isn't flying to Hawaii until 2019.

 

Why block entire continents when all that is needed is to restrict booking to SWA US customers.

 

IF I knew how to spoof an IP address I could login.

 

CAlling is useless, $4.95 a  minute from ship.


 

Yes, it's unfortunate. And there's no sign anything will be changing anytime soon. Smiley Sad

 

Try using a proxy server or VPN -- many free ones are available (Google for more info).

 

Good luck!

Re: Permission to access your site denied

ericadjgarcia
New Arrival

I'm in the United States and can't access the website.  I'm shocked!  I received an alert for fare specials and can't even go online to book.  Man Mad

Re: Permission to access your site denied

deezeyener
New Arrival

I haven't been able to access the Southwest site from my computer in almost 2 years, and I'm in the US.  I can rarely get the app to work either.  Sure they always say you can call in to book, but then you can't get the cheap Wanna Get Away fares.  Scam!