My husband and I are going to be traveling to Las Vegas in August. I am a person of size and am concerned about the my comfort and the comfort of others. I know that I will not be able to fit in the 17in seat and I am willing to puchase a second seat for myself. I have seen other posts on here and wanted to make sure that I had the correct information. Here are my questions:
1. Can I get early boarding with "wanna get away" ticket?
2. Do I automatically get early boarding since I am a person of size or do I have to upgrade to that?
3. I saw in one post that I can get on the plane prior to the other passengers to get situated with the seat belt extension, etc. Is this true?
4. If I automatically get that, how do I get it? Do I just let them know at the time of check in?
5. When I purchase my ticket, what do I put as the name for the second seat for myself?
6. I saw that the second seat can be refunded after my flight, is this true or are there some catches to it?
I am really excited about going to Las Vegas and am equally excited that there may be some accomodations that can be made for my travel. Thank you for any information that you can share!
In summary, yes you can purchase an extra seat, yes you are encouraged to preboard, and yes you can get a refund for the second seat. You will need to request Preboarding either at the check-in counter or at the gate, it is not automatic. More details are at the link above. If you have other questions please reply.