Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Plane Issues - Computer Issues

heilenak
Explorer C

I used to respect Southwest, but now I find myself losing faith in recommending Southwest Airlines. Southwest is unable to exchange the ticket towards the new itinerary due to some computer error.  The only solution is that we purchase a whole new ticket for 800 dollars and wait for a LUV voucher in the future.  The whole idea that your funds can be cancelled and reused is false.  I understand that they may have computer issues, but we get penalized by having to purchase a new ticket and not use the money we gave them.  They sell a whole new second ticket at full cost and get back LUV vouchers that we may or may not use on another trip.  I

Southwest if your computer is broken then you should refund the ticket.  I have not guarantee I will travel again.  You just forced a second sale.  

I guess your computers work as well as your planes. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Plane Issues - Computer Issues

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

This doesn't sound quite right. Can you provide more details about the travel funds you tried to use and the trip you were trying to book? Key information is:

-purchase date of the original flight you obtained travel fund from

-date trip you are attempting to book would be completed 

-do names of passengers from the original flight match the passengers on the new flight?

-approximate value of travel funds either total or per passenger and approximate cost of flight you attempted to book 

Do not post the actual confirmation number or passenger names.

People receive and use travel funds all the time, "computer issues" is not something that is heard so I suspect there's more to this issue. Perhaps we can come up with some explanations. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Plane Issues - Computer Issues

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@heilenak ,  

hmm, I have to line up with @TheMiddleSeat on this one.  I have probably exchanged tens of thousands of dollars of tickets (sorry, SWA schedulers) and have never had a problem (except that they have to be used within one year).  Also one has to cancel at least ten minutes before the flight departure.  

Normally I get “travel funds” for the exchange and I have to track the original confirmation number, but I would not get a voucher (or be offered one).  If you can share more details without revealing private info, we might be able to help. 

Sorry this happened.  Don’t lose faith!  All airlines can be frustrating; and although SWA give me great customer service in my opinion, there are some things that many folks would like to see changed.  I would like to see my travel funds when I log into their website, but I have to track them separately at this point, and it is not a computer glitch that causes that.