Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Possible contracted rates

JonelleJ3
Explorer C

Hello!

Does anyone know if southwest would ever contract rates with a Frequent flyer In order to secure their business always goes through Southwest instead of risking the person flying with multiple different airlines based on the better rates out there at times?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Possible contracted rates

bec102896
Aviator A

I don't know of any contacted rates for individual customers 

i do know they have a program for businesses called swaBIZ which I believe gives some discounts for businesses but I have asked about contracted rates a couple years a go for myself and the agent said they don't have a program for that she brought up discounted rates for groups and the swaBIZ.

Blake 

Re: Possible contracted rates

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think the approach is through the A-list and Companion Pass to build retention. 

Do the other airlines do this? I don't speak for Southwest, but I'd expect they still feel pretty good if they get 80% to 90% or more of frequent flyer business.

The industry isn't setup in a way that any one airline can be cheapest on every route, I'm sure there are some city pairs out there than will be favorable to the other guys. If price is the only measure, then do what you have to do.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.