Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Price drop and early bird check in?

emeireis
Explorer C

I have two parts to my question. First I understand that it is possible to get a credit after buying a wanna get away ticket. I bought two tickets for me and my husband for a round trip in July. Now I see the price has gone down about $80 per person. So exactly what is the process to get that credit? My other question is I also purchased early bird check in when I bought our tickets. So if I get the credit, will that affect earlybird check in? I know those are based on how early you buy them so if I have to rebook will that change the date on those and push my boarding number back? Or will it say the same as when I originally bought it a couple months ago?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Price drop and early bird check in?

franktravel
Aviator B

All you are going to do is change your ticket not cancel.  Go the the Southwest Airlines home page and click on cancel/change ticket, then choose the same flights and it will tell you how much credit you you will have to use in the future.  You can also try to call on the phone, but online prices way be lower. 

Good luck,

talleydiva
Explorer C

Yes..I also just saw that my ticket price has drop..We also have the early  bird check in..

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As long as you use the change flight function -- do not cancel and rebook -- the EarlyBird Check-In is supposed to transfer over. After you've made the change, check the flights in your account and look for the sunrise icon under "extras" to verify that EBCI is still there. Making a change but keeping the same flight will not change your boarding order position.

Cruisegrls
Explorer C

I bought a ticket yesterday and the fares have gone down today. When I go in to change the flight as several posts mention. I am not seeing those flights offered?

How can I get the change in fare? It's about 60 bucks.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Either 1) Those fares no longer exist (despite showing up in an initial search, they've actually been sold to someone else -- unfortunately that's just how the Southwest website works); or 2) glitch.

Try calling (1-800-435-9792). If the rep can see the fares they may be able to rebook you.

Alternately, you can cancel for a full refund since it's been less than 24 hours, and then rebook at the new lower fare (if available). I'm not positive if you'll receive a refund of EarlyBird Check-In however, so if you've bought that as well it would be better to call.

Good luck.