Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Priority Luggage Tags for A list checked luggage

sircalot
Explorer C

United and American airlines both have priority tags for checked luggage for their frequent fliers.

Why doesn't Southwest airlines fo the same?

I'm a frequent flier with United and American as well as Southwest, but Southwest is the only one that delivers my luggage late every single time! 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Priority Luggage Tags for A list checked luggage

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

Sircalot,

That is definitely a great idea and we can pass along that feedback to the appropriate teams. 

Brie 

Southwest Community Moderator  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think I had one when I first made A-list about five years ago, but that one is lost, it would be handy to have a new one or two.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Great idea, but...

It's very unlikely that, even if they issued tags, the bags would be segregated or receive any preferential treatment. Southwest has no baggage tracking system. They don't even scan bag tags en route.

For your suggestion to be implemented, Southwest would have to complete the long-rumored upgrade to their baggage handling system, and there's no indication that is happening anytime soon.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

I think I had one when I first made A-list about five years ago, but that one is lost, it would be handy to have a new one or two.

Southwest has previously sent bag tags as a customer thank-you, but those tags provided no priority bag handling. They were just bag tags.