Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchased 2 tickets and cancelled reservation.

ddlee82
Explorer C

I purchased tickets for myself and another person, however we cancelled the reservation. Since I paid for the tickets, can I add the cost of both tickets to my account?

Thanks,

Danny

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Purchased 2 tickets and cancelled reservation.

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

You will receive the points for the purchase of the tickets if you used your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit card from Chase.  The  credits you received for the tickets are for future use can only be used by the person who's names were on each reservation. 

ddlee82
Explorer C

Darn, that's what I was afraid of, haha. Thanks!

ascarm
Explorer C

I cancelled a flight for myself and daughter. I have the funds available until May 2017. Do the funds have to he applied to one flight for each of us? Meaning if we book 2 flights that are cheaper than the original flights that we cancelled and hit credit for, and it leaves us with a balance of credit remaining, can we apply those funds to more flights? Or are we only able to book and use the credit once and any remaining funds not applied will be forfeited? 

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

You can use the credits on as many flights until all the credit is gone you do not lose them.   Just keep using the conformation number that the credit is attached to.  You do want to use by the expiration date. 

louieinthesky
Explorer C

my mom was given travel funds for 2 cancelled tickets. My mom had paid for the tickets. The protocol stated funds must be used by person whose name was on the ticket. Today I wish to buy 1 new flight. Travel funds are NOT offered to me.

Going to canceled orig res w/conf # yields nothing. Manage flights yields nothing. Funds are NOT expired.  AND site tells me it does not know my userid/password!! Oy Vey!

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Here is where you can go and see the credits.

From the Southwest home page click on Flight/Hotel/Car then click on Manage Reservation then click on where it says View Travel Funds in blue text. 

Once you find the credits go and book your flight and on the payment page you will see where it says apply travel credits. 

Good luck! 

iderancassie
Explorer C

I am looking to book a trip for my husband and I. He coaches sports so we are not completely sure that we will be able to make the trip but will know at least a week in advance. I want to take advantage of the cheap tickets that are available right now... If I book and we need to cancel, am I right that the funds will just sit with my account to book for a later flight (within the given expiration)? Since it's a special deal for the cheaper flights, I want to make sure we aren't going to lose any of the points or money.

Thank you!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @iderancassie,

That's correct. You can book now and, if you cancel, the funds will remain associated with your confirmation number (so keep those handy). You can apply them to future travel, but the travel must be completed before the expiration date of the funds, which will be one year from the original date of purchase. 

Happy Travels!

isabelrv48
Explorer C

It will be very helpful if southwest finds a way to keep the information more organized for us in out account.

1. Example, if we have flights wether they were cancelled, re-scheduled or completed it should be in our travel history like other websites do, that way we dont have to go crazy finding confirmation numbers and so on. 

2. it should keep not show your flight as completed when its not.  I have had connecting fligths and when i pulled the app to see the next flight it was no longer avl becaused it was consider completed. I know normally you would have your ticket (paper) with you but i had lost it and I was not able to find it through my app or even online.

3. Also a lot of times I am unable to find my up coming flights..... which is very frustating.... now sure why things dont link well to your account.

Overall I love Southwest! but the website and app do defenetely need some work to be as good and competitive as the others..