Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about LUV voucher usage

KCMiller61
Explorer C

I have two LUV vouchers, and won't be able to travel before they expire.  Is there anything I can do so I don't lose all this money?  Any way they can be extended?  

Thanks for any advice,

KC

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Question about LUV voucher usage

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Unfortunately, LUV vouchers expire after one year from the day they're issued, and cannot be extended or offered a cash value.

Learn more: https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Apologies. As a passenger, I understand why this can be rough.

Hope it works out,

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

dfwskier
Aviator A

Best advice woud be to give them to someone that can use them or donate to some charity who could use them.

Or how about a weekend getaway to ?????

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@KCMiller61 wrote:

I have two LUV vouchers, and won't be able to travel before they expire.  Is there anything I can do so I don't lose all this money?  Any way they can be extended?  

They may be re-issued, but not extended. The default policy is not to re-issue though unless you have some extenuating circumstance.]

I believe they may be 6-month validity as well, travel funds are one year from original purchase while LUV vouchers are a different type of credit.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

As stated already the vouchers can't be extended or sold. 

You can try and take a day trip or weekend getaway or you can give it away to someone. 

If you are going towards A List the flights booked with a voucher count towards the A List flights. 

If you don't know anyone that could use it you could also dontate it. Or find a middle seat lover and donate it to them. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thanks for reaching out, KC. While travel funds lose value at their expiration date, we offer the friendliest ticketing policies in the industry. We are a peer to peer forum and aren't equipped to assist you with your travel funds here, but we encourage you to reach out to us via the options in the link below to see if we can take a deeper look at your situation.

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

KCMiller61
Explorer C

Thanks, Nashley!