Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund and broken luggage and delays

jhunt772008
Explorer C

Any one else have problems with refunds? I flew on april 29th form Boston to St Louis for a connecting flight to Des Moines Iowa. Was completly cancelled. Was told it would be over thirty hours til the next flight. So my friend and I rented a car and paid almost 300 dollars for the car. Had to drive 8 hours to our destination. They promised a refund when I called on May 11th. Said it would take 30 days. 30 days came and went. So I called again. They said it takes up to 60 days. So I emailed them. They emailed back saying it was processed on May 25th and would be in my account 30 days from then. Well the funny thing is the email they sent back was over 30 days from May 25th. Its been over 70 days now. I check my bank account daily and no refunds!. My luggage was damaged on the trip as well. I only fly with them because of there low air fairs. But every time i fly with them there is always a problem. Always!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Refund and broken luggage and delays

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, refunds often run very long, over 30 days and often over 60. This is despite their stated policy that refunds are to be processed quickly. I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Relations via Twitter to see if they can help. Good luck.