Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refundable/Reusable tickets

lillyrachel
Explorer C

I have funds to use from a previous "wanna get away" flight that I had to cancel. If I use those funds to purchase an "anytime" fare will I be able to get a full refund (in dollars not credit) if I have to cancel? If so, would I still get a refund if I have to cancel same day? Due to certain circumstances I am looking to purchase a very flexible fare. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Refundable/Reusable tickets

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you buy a "refundable" fare using travel credit from a non-refundable fare, the non-refundable portion remains non-refundable.

Re: Refundable/Reusable tickets

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No, if you use travel funds to purchase all or a portion of an Anytime or Business Select fare and then cancel the reservation, the travel funds used will return to you as travel funds. Any cash portion of the purchase would be refunded as cash. Allowing what you asked about would provide a very easy way to convert travel funds to cash, and that's not going to happen. 

You can cancel/change any fare up to 10 minutes before the flight (that's pretty flexible if you ask me), but only cash paid for Anytime and BS fares is refunded as cash.