Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Release dates for revervations for Oct 2019

jirven1980
Explorer C

Does any one know what time Oct reservations will be released? I know its supposed to be today the 14th of March. Still yet to see a change. I searched Google as well and they mentioned by 6 am. It is now 8 am and nothing. As any one experienced waiting for release of flights and know if this could be a all day waiting thing or should update be sooner than later?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Release dates for revervations for Oct 2019

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@jirven1980 wrote:

Does any one know what time Oct reservations will be released? I know its supposed to be today the 14th of March. Still yet to see a change. I searched Google as well and they mentioned by 6 am. It is now 8 am and nothing. As any one experienced waiting for release of flights and know if this could be a all day waiting thing or should update be sooner than later?

It won't be today, the schedule release has been pushed back until March 18 (presumably in response to the 737 MAX grounding, and/or the "operational emergency").

When the schedule eventually is released, generally it populates overnight. There is no set time although most flights generally seem to be available by 6am CST.

The new date may change again as well, so probably a good idea to keep checking.

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 1 , 2019. On March 18, 2019 we will open...

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

A little more context here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@jirven1980 Another update: here

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

jirven1980:

Hopefully you're checking the website, or here, because it's now been inexplicably moved back to tomorrow:

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 1 , 2019. On March 15, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through November 2, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

<face palm>

Southwest is not doing well at all these days. And what's worse is that many of the issues are self-inflicted. And that makes me very sad.