Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Retreiving lost laptop

Sarahmmoser
Explorer C

I flew from sacrament to lax yesterday 10/18 on flight 2145. I got a phone call as I was exiting the plane and in my distraction left my laptop in the seat back pocket in front of me. I realized it when I was leaving the airport and then filed the online form for lost and found. But does anyone know of how or if it's possible to get into contact otherwise with anyone from southwest?! Do I try lax? Or Phoenix where the plane was headed? Or just wait and see? As more time goes by I get anxious and would like to talk to someone from southwest but there doesn't seem to be a way to reach them besides the online form. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Retreiving lost laptop

dfwskier
Aviator A

hello.

Sorry to hear about your lost laptop. It's good that you filed a lost item report. That's critical.

Regretably, your best option is to wait for the process to work out. Southwest apparently ships all found items to a central location and then tries to match the items to those reported as lost.

It's a big job, as if just 1 in 1000 passengers files a lost item report this year, then that means that Southwest will need to try to track down 160,000 items.

Hope that it works out for you.

Re: Retreiving lost laptop

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If the item was found or turned into the lost and found contractor, here is some information that may be helpful:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Lost-and-found/m-p/80559/highlight/...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.