Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SOS: Plz answer the phone!

plzgetme2denver
Explorer C

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY.... I HAVE TO WAIT 2 HOURS FOR SOUTHWEST TO JUST DISCONNECT THE PHONE??!!

While I understand that the travel issues in Denver today, are not in anyone's control, I don't understand why I can't DO anything about my canceled flight. Speak to agent they say, call they say, use the app they say... NONE WORK.

I currently have 2 phones dialed, and on hold. Does anyone have any bets on if I will actually speak to a human being this evening?

It makes it very hard to consider Southwest for future travel needs. It's not about the weather, it's about how you take care of your customers. Trust me, I know how you think you take care of them because I've been listening "Dave the pilot" tell me for the last 4 hours his opinion.

I'm not even trying to get to Denver anymore, I just want to talk to someone!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SOS: Plz answer the phone!

kkassner
Explorer C

I had a flight from Denver to New Orleans for tomorrow night at 8:00. Was notified 10 minutes before check in. Have been in queue now for over 3 hours. Ridiculous. We need an answer as soon as possible as we are catching a cruise (At least we hope we are ) on Sunday. This is total BS. Not sure why the flight was cancelled. Weather in Denver is supposed to be nicer and I imagine the runways will be good. HELP!!!!!

bec102896
Aviator A

@plzgetme2denver 

Im sorry you have had trouble getting through on the phone tonight. 

As you know weather has been rough today and with the MAX8 being grounded there are a lot of people calling to change there flights.

i would recommend you reach out to Southwest on Twitter and hopefully they can help you as quickly as possible 

-Blake 

plzgetme2denver
Explorer C

We've reached out on Twitter so far, and there has been no response... we are coming up to the 2 hour mark again on 1 phone as well... just the same response. Nothing...

As much as I can appreciate everything they are going thru today, what's the point of having everyone call the lines to figure this out, when they don't answer it... very disappointing and frustrating.

teh2055672
Explorer C

Has anyone gotten through yet tonight? I am on hold with two phones... 1.5 hours in so far. Also does anyone know if I can just book a new flight online now and then reach out to them later for a refund of the difference in my airfare from my 737max cancelled flight? This would be V helpful so I can book online now and get a refund later. I don't know how they're doing it. Do you?