Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW site does not load sometimes on Chrome

rameshb2
Explorer C
Hi SW site is often not loading fully on my new macbook on Chrome browser.

On this page the BLUE boxes do not fill with the content  https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/trips/upcoming  

Inconsistent ... sometimes it does load .... 

MAC OS 10.14.4 Majove 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SW site does not load sometimes on Chrome

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

Is anyone else getting an error message on the SWA iOS app.  I have logged out, logged in that did not work. Vi deleted the app and reloaded the app and that did not work.  Interestingly my last flight on Wednesday afternoon was still active when I first accessed the app. The error first showed up when I tried to reserve a flight.  

dcdrogers
Explorer B

I use Chrome exclusively from my Macbook pro and for the last 2 days have had issues logging into Southwest.com. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dcdrogers wrote:

I use Chrome exclusively from my Macbook pro and for the last 2 days have had issues logging into Southwest.com. 

I'm on a Chromebook using a Chrome browser right now, and all seems well.

The common thread between your post and the one above yours is you were both using an Apple OS.

dcdrogers
Explorer B
Solution

Thanks for responding.  The issue(s) seemed to have been resolved for the past 48 hours.  

cmalagise
Explorer C

This issue has not been resolved.  The information boxes in "My Account" are not populating in Chrome, but loads using Safari on the same Mac.

bensonerik
Explorer C

This has been happening for a couple months now and not sure why.  I have to go to IE or other browser to log into my account.  Login is fine but the account information just shows three blue boxes and doesn't populate the information.   Please help fix this since it seems there are other having the same problem.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bensonerik wrote:

This has been happening for a couple months now and not sure why.  I have to go to IE or other browser to log into my account.  Login is fine but the account information just shows three blue boxes and doesn't populate the information.   Please help fix this since it seems there are other having the same problem.

i use chrome on 4 different machines and never have a problem. Thus it seems there is something unique about your Chrome. To speed things up, Chrome will often use web pages it has in cache. If there is a problem with them, then you will be seeing the problem - again and again.

Try clearing cache.

drmemory
Explorer C

Same problem started a couple days ago on my computer.  Win10 Chrome.  Clearing cache, cookies and history does not solve the problem.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi There!

Our digital team deployed a fix today that should have resolved this error.  Let us know if you still see the issue.  You might need to clear your cache or use a private/incognito window if you were experiencing this error before it may resolve.

Sorry for the trouble, but thank you all for letting us know and for flying Southwest!

- Mark Hursh

Director Digital Customer Platforms