Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA App does not work with windows based devices?

delaneybk
Explorer C

I have a microsoft surface laptop (new) and the SWA App will not download. Does the App not work with windows products? I see it does with Android and IOS...Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SWA App does not work with windows based devices?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As the Surface is a Windows laptop I believe you would be better off using the full Southwest website, www.southwest.com.

Is there specific functionality in the app that you are looking for?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

As themiddleseat said, apps are for IOS and android. I don't believe there is a windows app.

rrodgers
Explorer C

This DOES NOT resolve this issue.  You cannot access the onboard entertainment from the full Southwest website.  In recent months the Southwest onboard entertainment platform has changes.  One used to access it through getconnected.southwestwifi.com.  Now, when you enter this in the browser address bar it redirects you to a WORTHLESS page (southwest.com/wifi/) that provides information about onboard entertainment, but this page does not provide access to onboard entertainment.  It does indicate that you can get to the entertainment by entering www.southwestwifi.com into your browser bar, but that just redirects you back to the WORTHLESS and USELESS southwest.com/wifi/ page.  Too bad.  This used to work very well.