Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Shocking experience

sangroche3111
Explorer C

I am making my bi-annual follow up to MD Anderson Cancer Center which I have done last 10 years.
Trip is very dear to me.. on November 16th 2017 ,Coming back home in flight # 1767 to DC Reagan was a full flight. Stewardess is telling this man without informing me first said “these two bags need to be checked. I asked if I could put it under my feet as I did on my other trip, she aggressively said, “no there isn’t any room!”. OK and told her she was being abrupt and rude. She calls out “this young lady need to have a chit chat”, I was shocked of her behavior. A man came over threaten me three times to take me off the plane because I was holding up the plane. I told him that I was insulted but I wouldn’t want to get off the Then captain came over asked me if I had any problem, I told him no and said let’s go.
I was humiliated, threatened, insulted by stewardess and a man she brought over (I don’t know the title of the man). 
This wouldn’t be necessary if it was said “I am sorry since there isn’t any room left for overhead compartment, we will have to check your bag and you will get it at baggage claim” 
“There isn’t any room and regulation doesn’t allow to put bags under your feet”
I am not an idiot, I didn’t know the rules but I would have understood if it was said to me politely.
For her to call out “this young lady need to have a chit chat”? This was one of the most embarrassing moment in my 65 years life.
Do South West Airlines allow employees serve customers this way? After all Isn’t Stewardess a service job?
I was shocked and feared As I am a 65 years old Asian female, been in a customer service oriented business for 35 plus years.