Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Delay and missing my dinner meeting

Sl7777
Explorer C

How does southwest not give any vouchers because their plane broke? Delay is 55 minutes if not more as I sit her waiting. This is ridiculous and I guess I will have to switch to AA. As an A-list and almost A-list preferred, to be told by the gate agent sorry I am going to help the person behind you. I’ve watched his interaction with customers and he is not friendly at all. He is an agent at OAK airport and his name is Bill Chau! I have had enough and time to move on. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest Delay and missing my dinner meeting

bec102896
Aviator A

@Sl7777 

sorry to hear of your flight delay tonight. Most airlines will not issue vouchers for a 55min delay. If you would like to discuss your flight with Southwest directly I recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can message Southwest on Facebook or Twitter. Also personally I would allow more than an hour before a dinner or event so in case a flight is delayed hopefully I would still be able to make it. Also if you were flying to/from Dallas tonight about 7:40PM the reason you were delayed most likely had to do with an ATC issue which affected all airlines at DAL and DFW. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@Sl7777 

sorry to hear of your flight delay tonight. Most airlines will not issue vouchers for a 55min delay. If you would like to discuss your flight with Southwest directly I recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can message Southwest on Facebook or Twitter. Also personally I would allow more than an hour before a dinner or event so in case a flight is delayed hopefully I would still be able to make it. Also if you were flying to/from Dallas tonight about 7:40PM the reason you were delayed most likely had to do with an ATC issue which affected all airlines at DAL and DFW. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

Agree with Blake. a 55 minute delay is a rounding error. If you are A list (and almost preferred) you should know that. No airline will compensate for that.

All airlines have their negatives, and most have positives, too.  You have to put those points on your on scale to decide who you want to fly.

The employee interaction you had is certainly not acceptable. Since you say you fly Southwest a lot, you should already know this is not normal behavior. I'd suggest reporting him to the airline via e-mail. To do so click on contact us at the bottom of this page, and then pick e-mail from the choices listed on the top left of the ensuing page.

SWDigits
Aviator A

Two additional point of reference (*edited to add never in bullet point two below):

1.  I don't know of any travel insurance products that will kick in for a 55 minute delay.
  2.  I am not affiliated with Freebird and I've *never used their product, but they advertise a service that rebooks you from a disrupted flight when there is a four hour delay.

Customer | Home airport DCA