Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Does Not Care about their Customers

kal60465
Explorer C

Southwest cancelled my husband’s flight Sunday from Denver to Midway just as he was about to get on the plane. Supposedly their policy is to put you on the next available flight that has a seat. They told him all they had was a 7:30pm flight the following day, but when I called, the agent said there was a seat on a 9:30am flight and she booked him on that flight. He went to the ticket counter early to check in for that flight but he was told there was no record of him being on that flight. They put him on stand-by and kept on bumping him for “frequent flyer” passengers even though he paid almost $400 for a one-way ticket from Denver to Chicago.
They didn’t give him any sort of voucher and left him stranded at the airport for 36 hours. If you ran out of de-icing fluid that isn’t weather related that is your employees not doing their job related. Which doesn’t surprise me as Southwest is the worst airline out there. The Southwest employees at the Denver airport do what they want with no regard to customers. I will never, ever fly this airline again, and will advise everyone I know against flying Southwest as they have no idea what they are doing and when they leave you stranded due to their negligence will not offer any type of good-will voucher. The do not care about their customers!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Does Not Care about their Customers

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Contact Customer Relations (not the regular number) again. Southwest knows their Operations at MDW screwed up bigtime. Again. If you're persistent (and polite) you'll receive a small voucher.

'How does one airline run out of de-icer?': Some gripes at Midway after Southwest's cancellations

Tiller declined to be specific about what measures were being taken to accommodate passengers, but she said that while Southwest doesn’t typically offer “gestures of goodwill” as a result of weather-related events, the large number of cancellations in this case has the airline making “additional considerations for impacted customers.”

momofzeus
Explorer C

Yes, another story about poor customer service. We couldn't get out to get to our flight, sorry SWA sees no ice in Central Missouri today. Gee we live at the Lake & you can't get up and down the hills to the house still. Lost our funds and they simply don't care, if you are in a rural area don't bother to fly with SWA during the winter months. It's buyer beware during times of bad weather.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

wrote:

Yes, another story about poor customer service. We couldn't get out to get to our flight, sorry SWA sees no ice in Central Missouri today. Gee we live at the Lake & you can't get up and down the hills to the house still. Lost our funds and they simply don't care, if you are in a rural area don't bother to fly with SWA during the winter months. It's buyer beware during times of bad weather.

As long as you cancel your flight at least 10 minutes prior to departure you won't lose your funds -- they are held for use towards future travel for one year from the date of original purchase.

kve
Explorer C

I have an unrelated issue but I have been very dissatisfied with their service as of late. They used to be top notch but now I have better service from WOW.