Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest lost my baggage and it has been over two weeks now and still no action taken

jikkujoyce
Explorer C

I had travelled from Pittsburgh to Denver on May 19th Sunday and had two checked in bags. I got only one when I reached Denver. I immediately went to file a complaint at south west baggage claim office and the lady there asked me to go and wait for another 15 minutes and also check overweight baggage counter afterwards. I did so and couldn't find my baggage. Went back to them again and the lady said she will take a look around and came back after 10 minutes and said she couldn't find it too. Then she filed a complaint and said like you will be getting your bag by evening or the next day. I had a presentation next day and they did not deliver it and since all my presentation items and my attire were in that bag, I couldn't do it properly. Just think how embarrassing is it for a person who travelled to a new place and failing miserably on his first day at his new office. I then called them every 3 hours. 95% times it went to voice mail and they didn't give me a proper reply. Once a lady told that after five days you could file a claim. I did that claim without including some items in my bag for which I had not kept my bills. I mean who keeps all of their bills ? Then someone immediately called me back asking about the contents of the bag and that they will re-search for the bag again and will revert back if there is an unclaimed bag with those contents in any of the domestic airports. Later after 3 days when I check online at their site, I see that my claim is denied. I got no calls, no mail and just on their online portal, they say they rejected my claim. Then I escalated it and they said they will come back after a higher manager reviews it. It has been another 3 days and no reply. !!! Ridiculous. Providing baggage transport for free and losing it. I later found out online that Southwest is in top 2 domestic airlines that lose baggage frequently. What nonsense !!!!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest lost my baggage and it has been over two weeks now and still no action taken

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jikkujoyce wrote:

I later found out online that Southwest is in top 2 domestic airlines that lose baggage frequently. What nonsense !!!!

Here is some additional info:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-and-worst-airlines-for-lost-luggage

There are a lot of ways to look at the lost baggage statistics, and these in the slideshow include delayed bags, not just lost items.

Anywawy - keep trying.

Also if traveling for business, and having critcal items, try to carry items on if a risk of 0.3% is too high to bear. If you are talking about displays, etc. then maybe these would have been too large to carry on. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.