Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest not accessible through Chrome

donnahastings
Explorer C

I am able to login to Southwest using Chrome but I am unable to book flights and/or cars.  Everything work great with IE.  Chrome on my home and office computers are the same; do not work.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Southwest not accessible through Chrome

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @donnahastings,

Have you tried clearing your cache? Southwest.com is compatible with both Chrome and IE, and this is the first report of difficulty with booking that we've heard today. We're checking into the matter as a precaution. Please follow up and let us know if the issue is resolved after resetting your cache!

Southwest.com always crashing in Chrome

dcarlileaz
Explorer C

I have the latest version of Chrome... have always used this browser. This past week everytime i go to southwest.com Chrome crashes.  I thought maybe it had something to do with Chrome auto-populating username and passwords but i deleted my SWA username and password and it's still crashing.   

Any ideas?  i had the same problem a couple of days ago with HIlton.com but now that seems to be working..

-dc

Re: Southwest.com always crashing in Chrome

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Maybe check out some of your extensions, there might be a troublemaker enabled.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Southwest.com always crashing in Chrome

TizzleCle
Explorer C

I am having the same issues.  Recently I have been using the Southwest Shopping extension..  I thought it could be related to that...  No Idea how to fix.  I turned off the plug-in, no help..

Bainbridgejim
Explorer C

I am having the same problem all of a sudden, I even changed the new Canary Chrome which fixed the problem with a couple of site but still crashes when I try to sign in on my Southwest...On my windows 10 laptop.   I can reach it on my phone app but this is so frustrating!  Same computer and operating system for three years..Only recently got this problem.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's a known issue. There's a thread about it over at FlyerTalk.

These days there are so many website issues with Southwest. General advice is to 1) log out and try again without logging in; or 2) try another browser.

😞

fixerrorspdy
Explorer C

Maybe this issue comes due to having the wrong version of chrome which is not compatible with the system. Try another version. The second way is to restart the system and clear the history of chrome. Then, try surf the internet. If still any issues come then visit Fix Err Spdy Protocol Error for the best help. All the issues related to the chrome be solved in a minute.

Robertlebleu
Explorer C

Download the SWA app.Should cure the problem.

skleone12
Explorer C

I have used Chrome for years and am just now having this same thing as a new issue. It crashes immediately when the Southwest homepage tries to load... I don't even get the chance to log in. I have cleared cached/history/cookies, checked for bad extensions, etc... everything suggested in forums. Can someone please give an update if this issue is being worked on? Thank you!