Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest special passenger offer with MAJOR PROBLEMS

lyndapage
Explorer C

July 2018 Southwest magazine on plane, has full page ad for a "2 for 1 ticket " to Penn & Teller at the Rio in Las Vegas.  The ad provides a number to call.  This number rolls you over to ticketmaster.  There is NO WAY to input the promo code and NO WAY to reach anyone at the Rio.

Ticketmaster knows nothing about it.

Southwest knows virtually NOTHING about how to do this and refers you back to the Rio.  of course there is no way to call the box office  at the Rio.

Bogus offer apparently. I wasted 4 hours of my life trying to make some headway to no avail.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest special passenger offer with MAJOR PROBLEMS

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

It's not unusual for ticket purchases to default to companies like Ticketmaster. In many cases the only way to purchase tickets directly from the organization is to appear in person at the box office.

So the Rio isn't different than most larger venues.

That being said, I did some research, and found a copy of the ad you talked about. The discount code is PNTSS:

https://issuu.com/southwestmag/docs/april2018/23

It looks like the Rio box office phone numbers are: 702-777-2782 or 855-234-7469.

https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/shows/penn-and-teller#.W1j0PqhKjrc 

I looked at the ticketmaster website and could not find a place to enter a discount code - which was disappointing.

Hopefully the information above will let you take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lyndapage wrote:

Southwest knows virtually NOTHING about how to do this and refers you back to the Rio.  of course there is no way to call the box office  at the Rio.

You need to remember  that Southwest had nothing to do with this ad , except accepting it for insertion in the Southwest magazine. Southwest did not devise the ad content. Southwest did not compose the ad. Southwest did not come up with the discount code, Southwest did not come up with the apparently ineffective way to use the discount code. Southwest was paid by Rio for publishing the ad in the magazine. That's it.

I'm just trying to insure that your indignation is  focused on the proper target: The Rio.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@lyndapage wrote:

You need to remember  that Southwest had nothing to do with this ad , except accepting it for insertion in the Southwest magazine. Southwest did not devise the ad content. Southwest did not compose the ad. Southwest did not come up with the discount code, Southwest did not come up with the apparently ineffective way to use the discount code. Southwest was paid by Rio for publishing the ad in the magazine. That's it.

I'm just trying to insure that your indignation is  focused on the proper target: The Rio.

Even the publishing of Spirit is somewhat separate from the airline portion of the business. 

Anyway - I hope you got the tickets. Keep trying the Rio, they can either make this work from this code, or they will have other ways to help especially if you are staying there too or if you are members of their rewards club.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TiffanyV
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @lyndapage. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have made sure to let our vendor know about the issue and hope you continue to read Southwest: The Magazine!

All the best,

Tiffany
External Communications
Southwest Airlines Community