Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest web site

hughes52
Explorer C

When I click on the "Click 'N Save" link in my email I get to a page on the Southwest website, inviting me to join Click 'N Save. No offers, no list, nothing but another invitation to join:  In the past, there was a pull down menu where you could select which city you wanted to fly from and see the specials for that week. I am no longer able to see that information any more. The low fare calendar is ok if I know specifically where and when I need a specific flight. If I just want to explore different places, and can't recall all the places Southwest flys it's very frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest web site

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

To see all the great places Southwest flies I would suggest you take a look at the route map at https://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html

While the sale ads do often have a list of cities and some prices associated with the different destinations it is often misleading as lower fares may be available at other times (unadvertised sales are a common thing). That's where the low fare calendar comes in. So between the route map and the low fare calendar you have a more complete picture of your options. Have fun exploring! 

--TheMiddleSeat

hughes52
Explorer C

In the past, there was a pull down menu for each city Southwest flies to and you could see what the special price was each Tuesday for the sale that was occurring. That no longer exists . Can’t understand why that option was deleted. The low fare calendar is fine if you know exactly where you want to go. However, if you just want to see what the price is for several cities, from one particular airport, it’s time consuming. Why was the old method changed???

dfwskier
Aviator A

@hughes52 wrote:

In the past, there was a pull down menu for each city Southwest flies to and you could see what the special price was each Tuesday for the sale that was occurring. That no longer exists . Can’t understand why that option was deleted. The low fare calendar is fine if you know exactly where you want to go. However, if you just want to see what the price is for several cities, from one particular airport, it’s time consuming. Why was the old method changed???

I agree with you. At one point in the recent past, one would get a "click and save" e-mail, and then find all fares from any city to almost all cities one could fly to (it was never all cities). It seems that functionality is now gone.

The listed fares were not always the lowest fares offered (most of the time they were) as special competitive situations caused lower fares that were not on the click and save page.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Howdy There!

Just wanted to chime in here...if we are running a sale you will find those sale fares listed in our Special Offers section of the site.  You'll see a link to what we call internally the Sale Landing Page. 

However, if the sale is no longer in effect then you'll just see the link to sign up for Click N Save.  

If the sale is in effect you will find the sale price list as well as the drop down picker.  The team also recently added some technology to automatically select your departure airport from that link to personalize your experience.  We're doing some additional testing this summer on that  page to continue to improve this experience.  Hope that helps!