Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Standardized single page business receipt in a downloadable PDF file

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Elisanne140 wrote:

I too struggle with the format of receipts emailed to me. I am a business traveler and use SW all the time. It is frustrating that more than 3 emails are sent after you book a flight, and it's difficult to find the actual receipt in the email. I don't have time to sift through all the email marketing campaigns that are generated from booking a flight. I would like to see the receipt labeled as such in the email header/to/from and confirmation number. Then I can print as a pdf and attach to my expense report. Southwest - please ask your business community on ways to improve the process!

Thanks,

Actually, Southwest's travel confirmation email does most of what you want. Here's what the subject line looks like:

Traveler Name's 04/30 Denver trip (Confirmation number): Your reservation is confirmed.

So you can find the emails by searching your e-mail system for e-mails that contain the words:  "Your reservation is confirmed."

Then dupliex print the first two pages (two pages of e-mail on one page of pap er)  to get your actual receipt since the first two pages of the e-mail contain everything your company's accounting department will need.

candecochran
Explorer C

A travel confirmation is not a Receipt -- for tax purposes.

Our recent audit rejected the travel confirmation as it does not adhere to the requirements of a US tax receipt.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@candecochran wrote:

A travel confirmation is not a Receipt -- for tax purposes.

Our recent audit rejected the travel confirmation as it does not adhere to the requirements of a US tax receipt.

See my response to your other post on the topic.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@kieths wrote:

Also, please use common sense - do NOT print "Page 1 of 3" on the first page, as that requires all three pages to be printed when submitting a copy to accounting just so they don't feel they're missing something!!!

Is that built-in? I think you can change the headers when you print although it would be a pain to flip it back and forth if you do need the header info on most things that you print / make PDF, but specifically don't want that info on the Southwest printouts.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

kieths
Explorer C

Thanks for your reply.

Agreed that, for printed webpages, etc. there is the option of adding / omitting header/footer info including URL, date and page info, accessible under one's browser.  But what I'm looking for is an PDF file, not a printable webpage.

My point was, with an invoice being generated by SW and stored as a downloadable PDF file, it's important that the PDF not include the page markings/indicators/headers/footers (printed inside the PDF) showing Page 1 of x, as any content is not editable by common viewers, and would therefore be printed.

Ryne
Explorer C

I have a solution for folks needing their receipt copy!!! Try this: 

1) On the email that SW sends you with your itinerary, you will see a link that says "View in Browser".  Click that.

2) This gives you a Web page that clearly shows the cost charges for your flight (base fees, taxes, extras).  Seeing that, take your mouse start highlighting with a left click from the date just above the city pairs of your reservation down through your payment info and release the mouse.

3) Now, move your mouse curser in the area you highlighted and right-click your mouse and a print option should show.  Hit print and you get a very clear one-page summary!!!

Give it a go!!!

Ryne