Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TORTUOUS HOLD PATTER AND INSANE MUSIC

goldstar56
Explorer C

SOUTHWEST -- 

Are you TRYING to not online alienate but also INFURIATE customers?

For 30 minutes I've been tortured by the marketing promos, the chirpy voices, the AWFUL TRULY AWFUL "music" and it just never ends.

I just want to cancel ONE Of my reservations without risking canceling the other one.

No help. No instructions.

I hate you, SWA. And I will never ever board your greyhounds of the air again.

Your management is insane.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: TORTUOUS HOLD PATTER AND INSANE MUSIC

bec102896
Aviator A

@goldstar56 

Sorry your upset because you had trouble canceling a reservation online and because you didn’t like the hold ADs. I agree that they could do some tweaks on the hold music (I’ve met Gina a southwest Flight Attendant on the phone 23 times myself) and some of the hold tune (not really music to me) well that’s stuck in my head and I could hum it from times I heard it while on hold. 

In the future should you decide to give Southwest another chance I would try the chat option on the Southwest app I have used it several times and waited no more than a minute to get to an agent and they were able to help me very quickly. 

If you would like to discuss your experience with Southwest directly I recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 (this has the hold tune you may have stuck in your head after the call) or go avoid hold tunes I recommend sending a message to southwest on Twitter or you can click on the contact us link at the bottom of the page to send an email and someone from Southwest will respond as soon as possible. 

I hope you were able to get the correct flight cancelled without any other delays reaching an agent!

Blake 

Re: TORTUOUS HOLD PATTER AND INSANE MUSIC

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@goldstar56 

Sorry your upset because you had trouble canceling a reservation online and because you didn’t like the hold ADs. I agree that they could do some tweaks on the hold music (I’ve met Gina a southwest Flight Attendant on the phone 23 times myself) and some of the hold tune (not really music to me) well that’s stuck in my head and I could hum it from times I heard it while on hold. 

In the future should you decide to give Southwest another chance I would try the chat option on the Southwest app I have used it several times and waited no more than a minute to get to an agent and they were able to help me very quickly. 

If you would like to discuss your experience with Southwest directly I recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 (this has the hold tune you may have stuck in your head after the call) or go avoid hold tunes I recommend sending a message to southwest on Twitter or you can click on the contact us link at the bottom of the page to send an email and someone from Southwest will respond as soon as possible. 

I hope you were able to get the correct flight cancelled without any other delays reaching an agent!

Blake 

I agree with Blake. Chat is a far better option than waiting on hold listening to elevator music.

If your need is not immediate, e-mail is another option. It has worked well for me in the past. 

To send an e-mail, click on contact us as the bottom of this page. Then pick e-mail from the contact options on the top left of the ensuing page.