Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thumbs up for "Chat" in the Southwest app

SWDigits
Aviator A

Posting as a point of reference for others who need to get in touch with customer service for itinerary changes.  Background is that one of our summer flights was changed due to scheduling and we wanted something different from what the system auto assigned (I didn't use the provided online link becuase linked Companion Pass tickets were involved).  I used it as an opportunity to compare contact methods: Phone -versus- Chat in the Southwest app.

• Phone -- Call wait time to the general customer service number was 77 minutes with no call back option.
  • Chat -- Only two people were queued in front of me and I quickly moved from 2 to 1 to the chat session with Sarah.  Issue was resolved quickly with our preferred solution.

Winner: Chat

Customer | Home airport DCA
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Thumbs up for "Chat" in the Southwest app

bec102896
Aviator A

I've used the chat option a few times and I LUV it!! 

When MAX8 first had its cancellations I used chat got through in 2min vs the 2 hour hold then call drop (as was reported by others) and problem solved in 8min so 10min vs forever. 

Now if they would expand it to the website for those who dont use the app I think it would be great. 

Glad it worked for you as well!

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

This old travel;er is grateful to hear this story.  I have used Twitter, but Live Chat is a great idea.  Used it on a lot of websites, but what a great tool when all else seems to be failing me.  This is a super valuable new piece of knowledge for me!  Thanks for both of the replies that brought this up.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jwalsh3rd wrote:

This old travel;er is grateful to hear this story.  I have used Twitter, but Live Chat is a great idea.  Used it on a lot of websites, but what a great tool when all else seems to be failing me.  This is a super valuable new piece of knowledge for me!  Thanks for both of the replies that brought this up.

When you use Live Chat you also automatically provide the support team with your information, when you use twitter you'll have to send your confirmation number or other identyfing information via direct message, so Live Chat is definitely preferred by cutting out that step of identyfing you when you connect.

It also cuts out the opporutnity to accidentally send your confirmation number as a tweet instead of a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.