Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ticket Exchange Credit Expiration

harrigill
Explorer C

I purchased a Wanna Get Away ticket on 2/7/2017. Paid in full without using credits.

On 4/17 I changed a flight and received a credit.

However, I am now told that this credit expires on 6/17.

Why the short expiration? Has the 12 month policy changed?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ticket Exchange Credit Expiration

franktravel
Aviator B

No.  You have one year from the original date of purchase of a ticket,  not the flight date.  And the full amount on a credit card with no other flight credits used.... 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

There's been no policy change, you should have one year from the original purchase date. If you're sure you didn't apply and travel funds to the original booking, then your best bet to get this sorted out is to call Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654. Good luck!

weber_kim
Explorer C

On April 20, 2017 I was to fly to Ft. Meyers for 10 days.  BMR2DQ  I was told on April 19, 2017 I needed open heart surgery.  Therefore, on April 24, 2017 this was done.  The doctors told me they do not want me to fly just yet.  (blood pressure issues)  I should be able to go in November.  Can you please not charge me $100.00 for the rebooking.  I was told I have to use this by August 15th,2017 to not loose the $100.00.  With my health problems there is no way I can travel by then.

I really need your help on this.  My medical bills are taking a toll and I really can't afford to loose $100.00.   PLEAE HELP ME!!!

franktravel
Aviator B

You may want to reach out to the list below.

Southwest Airlines
Refunds Department
P.O. Box 36649
Dallas, Texas 75235-1649

Southwest Airlines

Customer Relations
1-855-234-4654

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @weber_kim,

The Southwest Community is a peer-to-peer discussion forum. Please contact us through one of the channels listed here for assistance from a Customer Service Representative.