Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Credit - Booking flights after expiration with accepting the $100/ticket loss

tracyeg
Explorer C

I am carrying a credit from a canceled trip that expires in October.  Knowing I can transition that to a voucher on the expiration date with the $100 per ticket loss, I accept that.

I'd like to book travel for November now to secure the tickets and secure other reservations (hotel, etc.) but this does not seem to be possible online.

Is anyone aware of a way to move up the expiration on the original canceled trip so I can convert that to the voucher and book my travel now?

Any suggestions?  If I have to wait until October, I am very doubtful SouthWest will have seats available for my hopeful November travel as other flights on the same day are already booked up.  Travelling prior to the expiration is just not possible.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel Credit - Booking flights after expiration with accepting the $100/ticket loss

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Every other time I've heard of people of converting an expired travel fund to a LUV voucher it has been done after the travel funds have expired. I also have not heard of Southwest moving up the expiration date, but it's certainly worth a phone call if you are worried about flights not being available at the last minute. Let us know how it goes.

--TheMiddleSeat