Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unused Travel Funds

kvanhoy11
Explorer C

I cancelled a flight to Dallas recently because my boss wanted to drive from Houston to Dallas instead of fly. In order to cancel this reservation I needed to call customer service because I bought the tickets through southwest vacations. The lady I talked to cancelled my flight and put both my boss and my name under future travel funds so I would not lose all of my money. I opted to use future travel funds in order to use it for another work trip. Today I was booking a flight to Denver and attempted to use my travel funds, however, somehow my name was spelled incorrectly and I am not allowed to use those funds anymore. Not really sure what I should do because I need to use those funds in order to get reimbursed. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have tried to call Southwest customer service twice and was put on hold for 30+ minutes. In addition, I have emailed southwest airlines so if I do EVER hear back I will let you know what happens with this mess. 

My name: Elizabeth Van Hoy

How it was spelled on Travel Funds: Elizabeth Vanhoy 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unused Travel Funds

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

SW has always responded  promptly to my e-mail requests, so I expect it will respond to yours, too.

Another option would be to call customer relations at 855-234-4654.

This should be pretty easy to fix.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As the spelling difference is minor, missing a space in your last name, you won't encounter any problems with TSA. I would just go ahead and book the new flight under the name associated with the travel fund.

Is that what you are concerned about or is there a different issue that I'm not understanding?

--TheMiddleSeat

kvanhoy11
Explorer C

The problem I am having is it won't let me link up the travel funds with the flight I am booking right now. It is claiming that Elizabeth Vanhoy is not me so I won't be able to use the funds. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I believe the issue is the name mismatch with your Rapid Rewards account. You would need to book the flight with the name as it is on the travel fund and don't associate a RR account with the flight.

If that doesn't do the trick you'll have to call to get it figured out.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you do, you'll have to call after travel to have the expected Rapid Rewards points moved to the correct account, and you won't receive PreCheck (if applicable). Your best bet is to contact Southwest -- via email as mentioned earlier, or Twitter for the quickest reply.