Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unused Voucher

satma1
Explorer C

I have a voucher that expires on March 26th. But I can't travel before that. Can I sell the voucher or give to any charity?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unused Voucher

bec102896
Aviator A

According to the terms and conditions of the LUV voucher it can't be sold as it could void the voucher if someone at Southwest caught you selling it. 

You can however use it on anyone. 

If you want to dontate it i dont see why you couldn't. 

Hope this helps!

Blake  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Everyone's favorite middle seat flyer (aka me) would gladly use it if you are feeling generous 😉

--TheMiddleSeat

SWDigits
Aviator A
I have to believe that organizations like Make-A-Wish can either use it or help you find an organization that can.

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@satma1 wrote:

I have a voucher that expires on March 26th. But I can't travel before that. Can I sell the voucher or give to any charity?

Selling it is prohibited, but hopefully if you gave it to someone they could return the kindness in some way later.

Donation could be an option, although make sure if you go this route that they are aware of the short turnaround to use it.

Otherwise depending how much it is, take a weekend day trip to a nearby airport - if you can get to MDW, MSP, StL, now DEN? and some others you can take public transportation to the downtown and back.  EWR I'm not sure, and LGA you'd have to take either the M60 or Q33 bus. BOS and PHL both connected by rail. 

Boston always fun with a train, DCA easy, I'd go to BWI eat at O'Brycki's and then return without ever leaving the airport.

Vouchers count as cash I believe, so your flight would be tier qualifying if you are close to any milestones for qualification go ahead and make a points run. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.