Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unused travel funds not applied fully

Nguyeningdalany
Explorer C

I’m trying to use my southwest travel funds before they expire (June 5th 2018). This flight was cancelled last year when my son was still 1, so his name was not needed when I booked it. Now that he is 2, I have to pay for his own ticket. The travel funds will not fully apply to this flight order. Southwest policy for travel funds is that you can use the travel funds as long it is the same name as the cancelled flight ticket. I’ve been on the phone with SW for about 40 mins now and no customer service rep. Has anyone experienced this before? And can the remaining funds be applied to my son even though his name wasn’t not on the ticket, but it was added after we checked in? The travel funds only applied to me, but I want to know if it could be applied for him as well? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unused travel funds not applied fully

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Contact Customer Relations, they will need to sort this out for you. Unfortunately, travel funds can only be used by the original passenger, although you may be able to get them to make an exception. Was the flight cancelled by you, or by Southwest? 

Good luck.