Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Using cancelled flight funds

Meag1022
Explorer C

Hi,

I'm trying to use my cancelled funds to apply towards another flight and I keep on getting an error message. The expiration date is 11/14/2018 and I'm trying to book the flight for 8/22/2018. I clicked on travel funds and am putting in my confirmation # and full name. Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you~

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Meag1022,

Does the error give any additional information? 

If you haven't already, go to 

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html and verify the funds are available with the confirmation number and passenger name that you are attempting to use. You should also try applying the funds with and without a middle name for the passenger. 

Are you attempting to use other forms of payment or other travel funds in the same transaction?  The current limit is 3 sources of payment so you'd be get an error if the total amount due couldn't be covered by 3 sources.

Lastly, if you call Southwest to make the reservation they would be able to tell you what is going on and most likely get the issue resolved. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Tank
Explorer C

Hi, I'm a long time traveler (I remember when flight attendants sang songs..."We love you, you love us, Southwest's cheaper than a bus..." (to tune of Barney the Dinosaur).

Just tried to book a flight with cancelled unused funds and kept kicking mt back, how do I acces them? FYI it would be more customer friendly if the amount and expiration dates of unused funds populated when you login 😉

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi

Check your unused funds here.  http://swa.is/1zLAdib. You must have the first and last name and the conformation number that has the credit.

mcvan58844
Explorer C

Lindsey,

Is there a place online where I can view travel funds, short of looking one up specifically via the confirmation number?

Thanks in advance!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @mcvan58844,

Great question - thanks for posting in the Community!

At this time, the method you mentioned is the only way to view your travel funds. It's a great idea to keep a running list of your confirmation numbers (I use Google Calendar to keep tabs on mine) so that you've got them handy when you want to see what funds you have available and what their respective expiration dates will be.

How do I find a cancelled confirmation number

mmer
Explorer C

My email crashed and it had the information on the flights that we cancelled.  I am now ready to book and have no way to access the confirmation number of the cancelled flight.  How can I find this information so I can rebook my flight?  Thank you.

clipshow23
Explorer C

trying to look credit for my cancelled flight but I dont have a conformation number. Is there any other way?

Jag

wamboxx
Explorer C

My credit card was used to purchase 2 tickets to Chicago back in November. However the flights needs to be canceled due to a medical emergency. Since the tickets were issued to 2 different people does that mean I am only able to use the credit of the ticket with my name, even though both tickets were purchased with my credit card? I ask this because the second ticket was purchased for the person I was going out with. We are no longer together, and I really wouldn't not like to lose $205 spent on the ticket, especially since Southwest gift certificates were used on the purchase. Please let me know if anything can be done about this.

Thank you,

Nicole

Explorer C

I just cancelled a flight and went to book a new one using the travel funds associated with the cancelled confirmation number however it wont accept the Conf # with my name, all of which I cut and paste from original flight.  Does it take a certain amount of time to have the travel funds credited?

Thanks