Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Warning for women travelers

donttouchme
Explorer C

Just wanted to warn my fellow women travelers of an older white man with light, short thinning hair on a flight last night.....He choose a seat between me and another woman.  He touched us both repeatedly on the arms and even rubbed my back when I bent down to get something out of my bag.  He tried to get me and two other women to accept rides home from him, pushed to try to find out where we lived and made repeated comments about my skirt and asked more than once where my husband was.  It was incredibly creepy  - he had no bags and said he'd flown to PHX and back that same day.  He could be harmless, but it also seemed very important to him to get someone into his car.  Be safe! IT was a flight from PHX to DEN.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Warning for women travelers

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@donttouchme wrote:

Just wanted to warn my fellow women travelers of an older white man with light, short thinning hair on a flight last night.....He choose a seat between me and another woman.  He touched us both repeatedly on the arms and even rubbed my back when I bent down to get something out of my bag.  He tried to get me and two other women to accept rides home from him, pushed to try to find out where we lived and made repeated comments about my skirt and asked more than once where my husband was.  It was incredibly creepy  - he had no bags and said he'd flown to PHX and back that same day.  He could be harmless, but it also seemed very important to him to get someone into his car.  Be safe! IT was a flight from PHX to DEN.

Please involve the flight attendant to protect yourself if necessary. Certainly a reseating would be the least you could request from them. (For HIM to be reseated!)

Hopefully he was harmless, so not okay to touch your body though that is so far out of bounds...having the FA lodge a complaint and take his name down would be one way for this to be traceable afterwards.

If you would like to make any official follow up, please call Southwest directly at the customer relations line.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Warning for women travelers

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Mind if i jump in? You can also tweet/DM the airline too. Apologies for the trouble, and I hope this is resolved soon.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger