Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Website access

rvanderh
Explorer C

I hope you understand that this is not just affecting customers abroad. I am currently having the same "access denied" problem with your website, and I'm located in Massachusetts using Charter for internet access. And suggesting that we call the 800 number is a poor option; when you have to check in online to a flight exactly 24 hours in advance just to get a decent place in line, it doesn't really work out well to have to wait 41 minutes (the current wait time on the 800 number) to speak with an agent on the phone. Fix the problem and join the 21st century, Southwest Airlines!

RCSG2020
Explorer C

I can not access the Southwest Airlines mobile app. It keeps saying access denied. 

iamdp20
Explorer C

I am trying to access Southwest website from Netherlands and getting the following message

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.6c63d917.1522007438.185df50a

No other USA airline's website has this problem, thus it cannot be my ISP provider.

@LindseyD - 15 months on from your post below and still not fixed the problem? What are your IT people doing?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@iamdp20 wrote:

I am trying to access Southwest website from Netherlands and getting the following message

Access Denied

Reference #18.6c63d917.1522007438.185df50a

No other USA airline's website has this problem, thus it cannot be my ISP provider.

@LindseyD- 15 months on from your post below and still not fixed the problem? What are your IT people doing?

Unfortunately, they're not doing anything. 😞

LUVFlier55
Explorer C

I have the same issue in Bahrain. Try to go to southwest.com and get 

Access Denied

Refund Schedule

ringoszeto
Explorer C

Hi, my booked flight was cancelled in March 22 from New York to Chicago. The counter lady confirmed that refund would be credited to my credit card account later. However I still have not received any payment for this flight cancellation. Kindly advise the time schedule for this kind of refund and how I can follow up on this matter in case the refund never comes.

Regards,

Ringo

Re: Refund Schedule

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ringoszeto wrote:

Hi, my booked flight was cancelled in March 22 from New York to Chicago. The counter lady confirmed that refund would be credited to my credit card account later. However I still have not received any payment for this flight cancellation. Kindly advise the time schedule for this kind of refund and how I can follow up on this matter in case the refund never comes.

Regards,

Ringo

@ringoszeto, you'll have to call Southwest about this, this is a customer-to-customer forum for advice, suggestions, etc. - our suggestion will be to call Southwest.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Refund Schedule

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@ringoszeto wrote:

Regards,

Ringo

@ringoszeto, you'll have to call Southwest about this, this is a customer-to-customer forum for advice, suggestions, etc. - our suggestion will be to call Southwest.

Refunds happen virtually instantaeously. So not seeing anything after almost 5 months is suspcious. The first thing I'd suggest is you verify that the amount did not come back to you as travel funds. If that didn't happen. then please do as David suggested.

JacquelineR
Explorer C

I am hopeful that by sending a message through Facebook I am able to get some updates on a request to change a reservation because we cannot access the site while traveling internationally 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JacquelineR wrote:

I am hopeful that by sending a message through Facebook I am able to get some updates on a request to change a reservation because we cannot access the site while traveling internationally 

Hello.

As others have said, there are problems trying to make/change reservations from outside the U.S.

You might try the cell phone app, accessing via a VPN, or contacting via e-mail or twitter.

If via twitter, wait til you can communicate via DM before providing any personal information.

Details on how to contact the company are on the top left of the contact us webpage.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US