Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Website access

jetway
Explorer C

There is actually no need to even talk about this. Southwest Airlines has clearly shown that they don't care. This issues goes way back, tons and tons and tons of messages stating the same thing on various websites. Just face the fact, they don't care and never will change it. A very very very poor Customer Care. If you don't want international Customers then just say it and don't tell lies that you're working on it because you aren't. It's not even an unkown issue that's causing this, its a self wanted issue. Anyway...the good part is, i am now a loyal customer to other airlines that actually want my business.

geckofx
Explorer C

It's funny we have access to southwestaircommunity.com oversease, but not southwest.com

If you're blocking certain areas because you fear hacking just say it. Clearly this isn't a real problem because it's working properly on one of your domains.

Please be honest with us.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Tving wrote:

Why is this thread listed as "solved"?

The airline must be in total denial.

Solved means the original question was answered, not that any technical update would be made.

Edit: in this case a Southwest rep posted that you'll have to call, and a few others posted workarounds that may help. Depending what you are trying to do I recommend twitter or facebook - these can help manage an existing booking, but wouldn't be able to make new bookings or make some of the more complicated changes. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Dashadeaux
Explorer C

Today I unexpectedly encountered the the "ACCESS DENIED" intercept when attemping to visit the Southwest.com website.

I live in the state of Arizona, and at our home we have 2 computers.  My spouse is able to go to southwest.com and log in, but I cannot.  We spoke with an airline rep (Mike30) who informed me that my PC's security was set too high, but could not help me with what the security should be set at, or how to view the PC's security setting.

Mike30 was correct in a way, the problem is with Internet security, but it is not a setting within the PC.

For enhanced security I use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), but my spouse does not.  When I terminated the VPN, I was able to successfully login in to southwest.com.

Luiz44
Explorer C

It looks like you VPN is blocking the website, try using a different server on the same vpn and also check you vpn settings. I am using Purevpn, Canada server continuously. and haven't face anything like that yet.  

https://www.purevpn.com/canada-vpn-service.php

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing insight about and a potential solution for a problem that some people apparenly have.

Tving
Explorer C

Quote:

It looks like you VPN is blocking the website, try using a different server on the same vpn and also check you vpn settings. I am using Purevpn, Canada server continuously. and haven't face anything like that yet.

The majority of users (maybe 95%) will not be using a VPN. They just connect to the internet without any specific precautions and try to find cheap fares.

Very simple.

Or it should be.

lizlotz
Explorer C

I'm in Panama and am denied access. Even the app doesn't work - I get the message, "Sorry! Due to a sudden change in our configurations, we will need to ask you to restart the app." I want to book for a girls trip early next year.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lizlotz wrote:

I'm in Panama and am denied access. Even the app doesn't work - I get the message, "Sorry! Due to a sudden change in our configurations, we will need to ask you to restart the app." I want to book for a girls trip early next year.

Morning. Never heard about that error message before.

Try logging off the Southwest app, and then log back in. Then use cell data as opposed to wi-fi to try to connect.

Hopefully  that will help.

Barry_Buchman
Explorer C

I am in South Africa and unable to access the Southwest Airlines website to make a booking and the Southwest app on my iPhone and iPad will not connect. I am using both Wifi and Mobile connections and nothing works. Luckily I get to the USA monthly and I am able to book tickets from there but I find it astounding that a modern airline like Southwest is unable to sort out this issue. This thread goes back years.

My daughter is booked on Southwest in December and I am unable to book her return ticket. I may have to use Delta as their fares are comparable but the free baggage policy at Southwest is what keeps me using your airline.

And by the way to the previous poster, I get the same message on my apps in South Africa.