Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What is happening to Southwest???

StillflyingSW
Explorer C

What is going on with SW flights? I’m a loyal customer but you’re testing my patience these last three months. I’ve flown every week all over the country and on every trip there’s been delays or worse - cancellations. The latest July FAA reports peg you leading the industry in delays for the month of May (and April didn’t fare much better). I’ve flown SW since 1993 and haven’t experienced these types of issues until this year. What in the world has changed?? Please fix it - your losing the long standing place in my heart for what was a great airline...don’t make me fly Delta or worse- United!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What is happening to Southwest???

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@StillflyingSW are the delays/cancellations weather or equipment related? As an active traveler like yourself, yes it’s frustrating but in most scenarios...understood. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The last few months have certainly been challenging for air carriers, and unfortunately for Southwest specifically. It's sad to see them unable to consistently meet the 80% on-time performance they're repeatedly stressed is their goal, especially after things were looking up back at the beginning of the year. As someone who recently spent multiple days trying to get friends' flights rescheduled after multiple cancellations over multiple days for multiple reasons (weather, plane swap, mechanical) I understand the frustration. I'm seeing more and more social media posts from disappointed customers these days. One hopes management is monitoring things and can get the carrier back on track.

SHAWMIX7
Explorer B

I am trying to figure that out myself. I was flying out of HOU and we sat on the plane for 3 hours before we actually took off.  Might I add, it was a 100 plus day too in Houston.  Then only this past weekend they lost our luggage going to Vegas.  No one called to update us on the status ect.  I'm a longtime customer too and I’ve been noticing their service is beginning to sink. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@SHAWMIX7

Sorry your flight was delayed while on the plane I would recommend you reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can message Southwest Airlines on twitter and they can assist you to see what happened and look in to any possible compensation or at a minimum apologize for the delay as they won't be able to do much if it was a weather issue. 

hope this helps 

Blake 

SHAWMIX7
Explorer B

Thanks Blake.