Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What is the status of the mechanics' union dispute?

ElizabethWo
Explorer C

Please provide a press release.  I assume someone from Southwest corporate reviews these discussions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is the status of the mechanics' union dispute?

Fredjonesdallas
Explorer C

I will tell you my status as a customer

i would fly on another airline until this whole fiasco gets fixed

the union is screwing me over because now I have to sit in the airport for 3.5 hours while they carry on their illegal sit down strike.

the agents at the gate don’t really care either 

im sympathetic to the theoretical argument of the union but holding me hostage by illegal tactics sucks

kstokes
Explorer B

YEP.  Go with another airline or you will be sorry.  I fly 3 time a week on aveerage.  90% of that is through SW.  I am currently cancelling all future Southwest flights and booking through other airlines.  They wont tell you the flight is cancelled until it is too late to make other plans!  Take control while you have at least a couple of days before your trip.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ElizabethWo wrote:

Please provide a press release.  I assume someone from Southwest corporate reviews these discussions?

No, since this is a customer to customer forum, you should not expect a formal reply from the airline.

If you want one, I would suggest that you contact the airline directly. To do so, click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick your preferred method of contacting Southwest from those listed on the top left of the ensuing page.