Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why can't I just cancel my reservation and SW system automatic cancel my companion pass

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

I just wonder since companion passenger has to fly with me so why I have to go to 2 steps to cancel a reservation?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why can't I just cancel my reservation and SW system automatic cancel my companion pass

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Haipham2017,

Companion Passes require their own individual reservation, so for the time being, you do have to cancel both reservations. Thanks for letting us know that an improvement you'd like to see is the option to cancel them both together. 

Re: Why can't I just cancel my reservation and SW system automatic cancel my companion pass

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@LindseyD wrote:

Hi @Haipham2017,

Companion Passes require their own individual reservation, so for the time being, you do have to cancel both reservations. Thanks for letting us know that an improvement you'd like to see is the option to cancel them both together. 

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for your response. I agree there are 2 separated reservations, however the "companion pass" person can't not fly without the other the same token, he or she have to fly the same flight. This is IT or management issues which did not think ahead in the modern age of computer technology. It is very simple since when I cancel or change mine the computer already knows I have companion so just insert a question "if you cancel/change the companion will be done the same".

Hai