Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wrong passenger name on ticket

southernmissgir
Explorer C

I bought a ticket for my Mom to fly in about three weeks. However, I just now realized that I put my own name as passenger on the ticket. What do I need to do to correct this?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wrong passenger name on ticket

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

You are going to to have to cancel that ticket and you are going to get a credit that that can only be used by the person who's name is on the ticket , and it's only good for one year from the date of purchase.  You will have to purchase a new ticket in your mothers name.

southernmissgir
Explorer C

Since I incorrectly listed my own name on the ticket, when I cancel it, the credit will be in my name and only for me to use sometime in the next 12 months??

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

You can get a refund on your credit card if you have purchased a ticket within 24hs and want to cancel.  Your ticket is also refundable if you purchased a "Anytime Ticket" or "Bussiness select" Ticket.  If you purchased a Wana Get Away ticket your credit will be in the name on that ticket and the experation date will be the date you purchased that ticket not the flight date. 

rroch
Explorer C

my name is on tje ticket want to change it to my wifes name 

franktravel
Aviator B

Tickets are Nontransferable.

Williamdgrebe
Explorer C

wife's name is (DELETED).

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @William,

Thanks for being part of the Community! I've deleted the personal information from your post. You can check out our User Guidelines here to learn more about discussion forum best practices.