Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Travel Policies

Welcome to the General Travel Policy Board.
Share knowledge about Southwest’s travel
policies and learn from others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't get there from here...or can you?

Yenrug
New Arrival

I am trying to go from PWM to Tulsa.  There are no flights that go there.  BUT can I book a flight to BWI from PWM, then book a flight to Tulsa from BWI?  Is this risky to do it that way?  What would happen if my flight from PWM is late getting into BWI and I miss my next flight from BWI to Tulsa?  Would I be responsible to pay for a new flight since these filights were not booked together as I complete flight?  This seems easy enough to do but I was not sure if there are any risks associated with this type of work around.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: You can't get there from here...or can you?

bec102896
Rising Star

You could book it that way all on one reservation the airline calls it Point to Point it is risky yes although I have done it several times without issues. I usually give myself 2 hours or longer when I do point to point .

To book this online you would search the one way flight then when looking at the flight options at the top of the page you will see a modify button click that and you can click multi city thats where you would enter the Tulsa segment .*make sure you enter the correct date. 

Another note when booking a flight like this you may need to re check bags (if your checking bags) I have never had to when my layover is under 4 hours 

If you have any other questions about point to point let me know and I can help! 

Blake