Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

cancel flight accommodations

nadiapaul
Explorer C

My name is Nadia Paul, as a SouthWest customer, I trusted this airline this thanksgiving week. On my return flight to Atl 11/21/18, I arrived at the airport shortly after 5pm, which may be able to be corroborated through TSA check point. The airline sent an initial text at 6:55 to delay the flight, which was followed by 2 subsequent messages further delaying the flight. I called the toll free number to inquire about the possibility of cancellation because like most people in health care, I was scheduled to work on Thanksgiving day. The phone agent could not confirm anything and my uncertainty grew. As a Cardiac Critical Care Advance Practice Nurse, I have no chance of coverage in the morning at 6:30 for work. Shortly after midnight 11/22/2018, we were boarded to a plan with a verbal assurance that we were being taken to Atlanta. However 10 minutes later, the crew announced a light on the plane requiring maintenance, and that although there was an available plane, they themselves were past 12 hours of flying and could not staff the plane. We dis-boarded and were directed to baggage, ticketing.
After 2 hours on the line to make a personal appeal for the earliest flight so that I could go directly to work at WellStar CCU in Marietta Ga, I was placed on standby. I slept in a wheelchair LGA from 245-415am and presented to the TSA security, but unlike the prior evening, I was instructed to through out cream or check my bag. Despite explaining that the standby did not guarantee me on the plane that my baggage was being loaded on; I was instructed to check the bag. I was not given a seat on the plane.
When I arrived to Atlanta at 1:55 on flight 4662, I went directly to baggage office for my bag. I was redirected to the carousel to look for my bag. The representative came to the carousel and looked at the bag in my hand and insisted that the Swiss Gear rolling bag was not mine because the bag ticket did not match. She refused to look in the outer compartment to confirm the contents. She said she had been looking for that exact description bag for another patient. Despite heightened emotions, tears, I was sent away and told that I was responsible to call about my bag as well as responsible to make arrangements to pick up my bag. I was not given any report number for follow up.
Today is 11/27/18, I have made my 2nd call to customer relations, my baggage is still missing and with each call no on is aware of even a complaint number. Please contact me for my bag

1 REPLY 1

Re: cancel flight accommodations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A